Is your pet experiencing any of the following symptoms?
- Difficulty getting up after resting
- Hesitancy to climb stairs or jump up
- Reluctancy to exercise
- Reduced affection or interaction
- Resting more - especially in one place
- Lower tolerance of other pets or people
- Often licking/chewing paws or joints
- Limping or general stiffness when walking
- Lacklustre appearance
- Overgrown nails
As cats and dogs get older, there are many visible signs of them aging, such as greying around the muzzle, sleeping more and exercising less. There are also subtler signs that are commonly mistaken for signs of aging, that are actually signs of pain, including behavioural changes as well as alterations to your pet’s physical activities.
If you have a pet over the age of 7, please take a couple of minutes to complete one of our quizzes, which can help you identify some common signs of joint pain, or watch the video below.